A slip and fall injury can be quickly dismissed as an accident or no big deal. In reality, slip and fall accidents can have serious consequences even if the victim doesn’t appear to be injured immediately. After slipping and falling in a public place, including a friend or neighbor’s home, the first instinct is typically to stand up and brush it off as a clumsy moment unless it’s immediately clear there’s an injury, like a broken bone or severe cut. Regardless of the severity of the injury, it’s important to do the following as soon as possible:
- If the injury is severe, call 911 immediately.
- If the injury isn’t severe, assess the pain and determine if a hospital visit is necessary.
- Take pictures of the area where the fall occurred whether or not there was a visible cause like a spill or crumpled carpet.
- Make note of who was present in case they’re needed to provide witness statements.
- Keep a record of all doctor visits, medications, and paperwork.
- Contact Attorney Garnes to discuss your situation and determine what actions are necessary to receive compensation.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, Attorney Garnes will thoroughly investigate the incident to determine the events that led to the accident and ensure that the liable party is required to pay adequate compensation. Settlements for slip and fall accidents can include:
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses include hospital stays, medications, exams, tests, physical therapy, and more. Settlements can also cover medical accessories, including crutches and walkers.
- Lost Wages: Being out of work after an accident or injury can result in lost wages. A slip-and-fall settlement can require the person at fault to pay for lost wages, including lost future income.
Emotional Harm: In some accidents, the victim is left with emotional harm and may be able to receive compensation for pain and suffering or therapy to handle the emotional issues that arose from the accident.
Attorney Garnes wants to make sure you get the compensation you’re entitled to if a slip and fall injury occurred as a result of negligence. She will work to hold those liable accountable for failing to provide a safe environment. No gimmicks. Just a commitment to getting you what you need to help on your road to recovery and make up for lost wages and other expenses incurred as a result of your injury.